** The Sky Blues **
Author : Robbie Couch
Publisher : Simon & Schuster Books for young readers
Release Date : April 6th, 2021
Genre : Young Adlt Fiction – contemporary, Romance
Links : Amazon
“Even the toughest people need to know they’re loved, need to know they have people in their corner”
Sky’s small town turns absolutely claustrophobic when his secret promposal plans
get leaked to the entire school in this witty, heartfelt, and ultimately hopeful
debut novel for fans of What if it’s Us? and I Wish You All the Best.
Sky Baker may be openly gay, but in his small, insular town, making sure he was
invisible has always been easier than being himself. Determined not to let anything
ruin his senior year, Sky decides to make a splash at his high school’s annual beach
bum party by asking his crush, Ali, to prom—and he has thirty days to do it.
What better way to start living loud and proud than by pulling off the gayest
promposal Rock Ledge, Michigan, has ever seen?
Then, Sky’s plans are leaked by an anonymous hacker in a deeply homophobic e-blast
that quickly goes viral. He’s fully prepared to drop out and skip town altogether—until
his classmates give him a reason to fight back by turning his thirty-day promposal
countdown into a school-wide hunt to expose the e-blast perpetrator.
But what happens at the end of the thirty days? Will Sky get to keep his hard-won
visibility? Or will his small-town blues stop him from being his true self?
This book was such a joy.. i loved the characters soooo much i just wanna scoop them up and drink them all up..
Ofcourse its not all unicorns and rainbow (uhmm actually.. a lot of rainbows, pun intended) Its a hardhitting contemporary/romance novel that deals with homophobia and racism in its core, but also majorly focuses on hope and found family and friendship..
this book is full of pop culture references, full on cuteness and have the best side characters ever..
” I must have have accidentally wandered into an alternative universe where Booksmart or To All the Boys I’ve loved before is my new reality ”
I may have started this book for the beautiful cover and the funny quips, but i kept on reading for
– for Bree : The girl who puts ‘Best’ in the Best Friend to whole new level. She is nerdy, organised and will give her piece of mind without any qualms if u hurt her friends or family.
– for Marshall : The Best Friend numero duo, whos more level headed but also romantic to the core. He will always have your back and will also dish you needed.
– for Ali : The Brown Kid who is also popular and nerdy, major crusher of hearts.
– for Teddy : Ohh my gawd, he is such a marshmallow..
– for Winter : Shes like the modern fairy god mother, has a lot of experience and stands up for whats right and also has your back
– for Charlie : the Father figure who is tough and also soft
– for Franklin, Thelma, Louise and Bob – the beautiful and adorable furry heads who literally steal the show..
From a simple rom-com to a deeply meaningful and hopeful story, his book just stole my effing heart.
” I must have have accidentally wandered into an alternative universe where Booksmart or To All the Boys I’ve loved before is my new reality “
Author Info :
Robbie Couch is the author of the young adult romantic-comedy novel, The Sky Blues.
His work has been published in HuffPost, Upworthy, and O, The Oprah Magazine,
among other outlets. Originally from small-town Michigan, Robbie now lives in Los
Angeles, where he remains in constant fear of aggressive birds and on the prowl for
his next bowl of noodles.